Andrea Fuentes was born in McAllen, Texas on March, 31, 1992. She attended the Art Institute of San Antonio and the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. As an artist, Andrea’s goal is to share her expressions to the world. Andrea lives in San Antonio, Texas.
Andrea’s abstract paintings are otherworldly and bizarre, often threading on the strange and beautiful. She puts all her hopes and fears on the canvas, producing almost dream-like hallucinations. Some of Andrea’s recurring themes are self-expression of the female body and its raw sexuality. She prefers depicting nude women in her paintings, as a way of honoring and capturing the allure and power that femininity has. Andrea’s paintings are vivid and brightly colored, showing how striking life can be. This painting was created by using oil on large canvases. Her influences include Jackson Pollock. Her paintings have been accepted to the 2017 London Art Biennale, 2017 XI Florence Biennale and the 2017 Bienal Internacional De Arte El Escarabajo Mexico.
March, 31, 1992
Currently lives and works in San Antonio, Texas
Andrea Fuentes is an emerging artist, working mostly in enamel and acrylics on large canvases. Andrea uses her emotions to fuel/inject her art with depth and splendor. Her techniques highlight colors and images to create fantastical abstract paintings.
• 2016 The Contemporary Art School Austin, TX
• 2014 Art Institute of Pittsburgh
• 2012 Art Institute of San Antonio San Antonio, TX
Self Employed San Antonio, TX
Artist (Freelance) Present
• Create and design abstract paintings for customers
• 2017 London Art Biennale, Chelsea Old Town Hall, King’s Rd., London SW3 5EE, United Kingdom. March 29-April 2, 2017
• 2017 The XI Florence Biennale, Fortezza de Basso, Florence, Viale Filippo Strozzi, 1 Firenze, Italy.October 6-15, 2017
• 2017 Bienal Internacional De Arte El Escarabajo Mexico, Ciudad de Guadalajara, Mexico
• Private Collection, Mission, TX, USA
• Private Collection, McAllen, TX, USA
• Private Collection, San Antonio, TX, USA
• Private Collection, Austin, TX, USA
• Private Collection, Monterrey, NL, Mexico
• Private Collection, Reynosa, Tamp, Mexico
• Private Collection, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
922 East Sonterra Blvd. #8018, San Antonio, TX, 78258